Monday, August 1, 2016

Gotta go Go GO!

Wow! I'm really behind on posting... Is it Monday already? And it's AUGUST!?!?! When did that happen?!?! That means that there is exactly 30 days till school starts! \O.O/ I'm not ready!!! *cries in a corner*

Okay.... So the reason why I didn't post on Friday was because this past week has been hectic. Last Sunday was my birthday and I had to work. My sister got me playing slither.io and now we are both addicted. We probably spent a whole day playing and watching each other play... Also, I got hooked on a series called The Steampunk Chronicles. I read the first 400 page book in three days and the second one in two days! I was literally reading for most of the day. I probably should have stopped to do some more work in my sketchbook, but I just couldn't stop myself!
Besides being sucked into the series, I did manage to get some work done in my sketchbook. I finally finished the cut paper thing that I was working on. Here it is!!! ^.^
It took me four days to finish cutting all of the pieces (332 cut pieces all together. And yes, I did just count all of them). I then spray painted it with hammered metal spray paint (which took a day to dry and it still smells bad... e_e) and it took me a day to layout and glue down all of the leaves on the other side. 
Here is the page with all of the leaves. (yes they are real pressed and dried leaves from last year)


A couple days later I did a quick sketch of Italy. It's not that great, but thats why you call it a sketch. ;)



Here are some photos I took on my Birthday trip to Cave of the Mounds. ^.^
 




For some reason now I want to do a sketch of a cactus... So I might go do that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment