Saturday, August 6, 2016

Simplicity is the Key

Sorry that I didn't post yesterday. I have been very busy. This past week, my Dad has had me interning at his office (z2 Marketing). At first they had me doing random things like tying the strings onto quiet signs for a hotel in Notre Dame. Then my Dad gave me a PhotoShop project. It was difficult at first because he told me to remove some parts of the photo that he thought were messy looking while still making the photo look real. I used the clone tool a lot and pasted other parts of the image in different spots, creating my own landscape. The next time I went in, he gave e a different project where he wanted me to replace the sky in one image while making it still look real. The problem was that the image wasn't wide enough so I had to improvise and create my own sky by copying and flipping parts of the sky and creating clouds to overlay in the sky. Then he told me to remove the sun! That must have been the myst difficult part of all! After (sadly) having to eat McDonalds, I finished and it looked somewhat real. :)
(I wish that I had a picture of both projects but I forgot to do that when I was there...)

Besides that, I did have a chance to do a lot more sketching in my sketchbook than what I normally seem to do. I was trying to go for "simplicity", because lately I feel like my sketches have been a little complicated (or maybe too complicated) and they end up taking more than a day, leaving my sketchbook with many empty pages. And I don't want it to seem like I'm not doing my summer homework when school comes around and I haven't even filled up half of my sketchbook.

So... Here is what I did. :) They all took one day to complete.

 


I also had the chance to do some PhotoShop editing with a photo I took at the beginning of summer and of a photo from a couple of years ago that I shot on Tybee Island.


I hope to get more edits done this week, either on my phone or in PhotoShop. (my Enlight app has been being a little glitchy lately, so I really hope that they get that fixed so I can go back to editing on my favorite app!!!)



Going to start organizing and getting all of my stuff ready for school! -_- 


No comments:

Post a Comment