Sunday, July 17, 2016

Tiered, hungry and wait... my birthday is next week?

Wow! Didn't mean for this post to be two days late! I was literally at work all day Friday (10:30AM-6PM no breaks... e_e). Friday was probably the most stressful day at work I have ever had! I diffidently didn't have time to do some art and I still had to work Saturday. I'm really trying to get some sketching in, and I feel so behind! Whenever I have the time, I try to sketch (but knowing me I want to make each page perfect and it takes me like 2 days to finish! That could be why I have fill so little pages...). This past week, I got to complete two pages and start a third.
For the first one, I decided to use one of Mrs. Bjork's ideas for what to do in our sketchbooks. I asked my sister to give me random words (which she read off to me from a web comic she was reading) and I attempted to make them look like what they are. It was fun to do and I might do it again later. :)

In my next page, I wanted to do something with the flowers that I pressed a week ago. I laid them out, painted the background with water color (and metallic watercolor) and glued them down. I'm pretty happy how it turned out, but I was sad to see when the glue dried that you can see some of the yellow watercolor underneath the purple petals... Oh well.
That same day, I also wanted to get some Photoshop work done, so I took one of my favorite Snapchat selfies and messed around with it. You can't even tell it was a Snapchat photo now! (well, besides the fact that it is a VERY poor quality image and it looks a little grainy)



On the page that I'm working on now was inspired by the wind. It is always really windy at my house (because I'm at the top of the hill, surrounded by fields, and there are literally no trees to be found) but it was more windy than usual. 
I am really pleased with myself how good the person looks! I usually suck at people! I just can't figure out how to do the bottom of her dress without it looking stupid... I might just leave her as she is. I was planning on making this one a mixed media piece by using markers, colored pencils, and water color. This is diffidently going to be a multiple day sketchbook page.

I'm still planning on doing a collage page in my sketchbook, but I just haven't found the time...



Here are just some of the photographs that I posted on Flickr recently. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment