Tuesday, June 7, 2016

10 Mistakes HS Artists Make: Reflection

          Before I even started this reading, I kept thinking to myself, "some of these things are totally going to be me".  When I started reading, the second point that the author makes is something that I do a lot: taking too long to begin. Since I'm such a perfectionist, I always want to make sure that what I'm going to make will be perfect! I think that this summer homework will help me NOT do this. I will try to think of many ideas and put them in my sketchbook.
          Another thing that I noticed that I tend to do is continually restarting my work. This sentence from the article it totally me: "Those who take Art are often the perfectionist type, wanting every aspect of their portfolio to be perfect." Sometimes, doing this has worked in my favor, but it does leave me with less time to finish the work. This is diffidently something that I need to improve on for next year, because I will need all of the time I have in order to finish all of my works by their deadlines.
          I also use second hand sources a lot to find inspiration. I'm getting better at not copping these images, but I just use them for inspiration. This year I will try to use my own images as inspiration and even my own brain. :)

          After reading the article, I can tell that I have seen some people do these things in art classes that I have had in the past. I will be sure to try to avoid doing any of these things in the future, in order to make sure my work is the best that it can be.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections Hope! I love that you're thinking so much.

    ReplyDelete