Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Artist Statement Reflection

This was probably the busiest summer that I have ever had. I worked most of the week and we are slowly remodeling my house at home; but through all of this I still found time to do art. In the beginning, I tried to do all of the online stuff at once to make sure that I got it all out of the way so I could have more time to be more artsy! I made a plan for myself to post to my blog every Friday with what I did in my sketchbook and what photos I took and what I have edited. I shot over 80 photos and posted them to Flickr as soon as I could. I feel like I could have shot more still life photographs, but I shot way more than I needed to. I also tried to work in my sketchbook everyday, and sometimes some pages would take more than one day to complete.
I believe that the 2-D Design portfolio would fit me the best, because I absolutely love photography! I shot and edited six photos for my final pieces this summer. In the future, I would like to be able to make a living doing what I love to do. Even before the summer started, I knew that I wanted to make my final portfolio in photography.
Throughout the summer, I noticed that I was exploring the more abstract and simple concepts and designs. Many of my sketchbook pages and photographs are simply designed and edited. I might want to work some of this simplicity and abstract quality into my final portfolio.
Also over the summer, I experimented with a lot of different media and techniques. I tried cut paper, spray paint, working with leaves, watercolor, marker, pen, pencil, PhotoShop, and my phone. After experimenting with all of these just made me want to try even more new techniques and to push myself further.
All throughout the summer, I used Pinterest to help my find inspiration for many of my sketchbook pages and photography edits. I never really followed the images I found exactly and I made them my own. In the future of this class, I might use Flickr more for find inspiration for my photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment